Monday, July 12, 2010

My poor baby

Received medical records from Life Flight and the hospital today. Ugh. It's important to have these things as we go forward, meet with the perinatologist, try to decide what to do next. But why do I sit down and read them? My favorite part from the hospital report is when the phrase "impending doom for the patient" is tossed out. Impending doom. Really? What a way to put it. Still waiting for the autopsy report. I'm afraid I may have to request it again. My poor baby. Less than two hours of life outside of me and those two hours were chaotic. I think I will tuck these papers in the folder labeled 'C - Medical Information' and not look at them for a while.

6 comments:

  1. WHAT THE H is "impending doom for the patient" supposed to mean?!? Well done, Mac. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a nurse who works with babies...and I've NEVER EVER used the phrase "impending doom for the patient". Wonder who wrote that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry, Angela. What a horrible phrase to use. I am of "advanced maternal age" and heard that some hospitals call is "geriatric." Real nice. I just got the results from the labs on the placenta (we didn't do an autopsy) and it is good to know what the cause is. I hope you find some answers very, very soon.
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's just another way of saying 'this baby has no hope, no chance,' but my word does it sound harsh. I know we're never going to have an answer for why her lungs failed, but I still read the medical reports and they always make me angry and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry, Angela. What a horrible phrase to use. I am of "advanced maternal age" and heard that some hospitals call is "geriatric." Real nice. I just got the results from the labs on the placenta (we didn't do an autopsy) and it is good to know what the cause is. I hope you find some answers very, very soon.
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it's just another way of saying 'this baby has no hope, no chance,' but my word does it sound harsh. I know we're never going to have an answer for why her lungs failed, but I still read the medical reports and they always make me angry and sad.

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved