Thursday, December 30, 2010

12.30.10

I'm back on medication.  Dr. B dropped in while I was having acupuncture done at the clinic today and after taking my pulse, which was 130, she called in a prescription for the medication I was on before.  So it's tinctures + medication for now.  Eventually I'll wean off the medication again but at the moment my symptoms are too dangerous to ignore.

I've done a bit of whining about the costs associated with Dr. B, but I am aware that I am blessed beyond measure to have the means to pay for a doctor out of pocket.  Many people don't have access to doctors, or health insurance, or medication while I have medication and natural plant tinctures clutched in each hand.  I don't want anyone to think I am not grateful or thankful for the care I receive from Dr. B.

And while I'm on the topic of kind caregivers ...

My midwife will be spending the first bit of January in Haiti and MamaBaby Haiti can always use donations, and if not donations, prayer.  Every donated dollar is used for medicine, food, supplies, and support for mamas and babies and as the organization grows and thrives so do the women and children of Haiti.  

Before I curl up on the couch and watch Friends I have to say thank you to my readers.  Dealing with uncontrolled and controlled Graves Disease has always been a difficult and emotional process for me.  Though I am very ill I do not feel anxious or depressed and I believe the support here is the reason for that. Thank you for leaving comments and stopping in to check up on me.    



  

 

3 comments:

  1. Angela,
    I hope the medication brings you so much deserved relief.

    Sending love, as always, and thinking of you and beautiful Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you have such great care and support to make the decisions you need for your best path to health!!! Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also hope that the medicine gives you some comfort and some peace of mind to help as you continue to navigate through who you are and where you are and where you want to be...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved