Wednesday, July 6, 2011

30 week (almost) appointment

30 weeks tomorrow!!  It's so exciting to reach another milestone, to cross over into the 30s, what could be called the final stretch of this pregnancy.

I have two questions to respond to from my last post.  I'll get to those in the next day or so.  I really enjoyed writing that post.

Bennett is doing well, all is copacetic in our world.  I am measuring at 32 weeks, I've gained 21 pounds, Bennett is active and I am only a tiny bit dehydrated despite this warm weather we are (finally!) having.  I drink 80-100 oz of water a day and I am glad to see it's paying off with no swelling and almost no dehydration.

I went to the birth center for this appointment instead of having it at the house. It's much easier for my midwife scheduling wise if we do it that way so I'll have the remainder of my appointments at the birth center. It's no longer difficult for me to go there.  It's where Charlotte was born, it's where some of her ashes are buried, there will always be a bit of my heart there and it is such a beautiful, peaceful place.

J has just started interacting with Bennett.  He didn't talk to Charlotte very much, but it was enough that she knew his voice when she was born.  It's so incredible how babies know who mama and daddy are, how they recognize the two voices they've heard the most in utero.  With Bennett being so active (more so than Charlotte, this boy can actually hurt me when he kicks) J has become more interested in tapping his feet and talking to him.  He calls it his 'minute with Bennett' and I am glad he is taking the time just in case we have less time with him than we would like.

I've said it before, but I am going to say it again anyway: it is so strange to have a normal, low-risk pregnancy EXCEPT for the fact that my last one ended in a full-term neonatal death.  Just a minor fact, a little quirk, that makes this all so much more difficult.

Next appointment with the MFM is on the 21st and I see my midwife again on the 29th.  We are ticking along here and a small part of me is beginning to believe we will have a baby in this here house come September.  

6 comments:

  1. Praying for that at the LeFave house. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to so much here, Angela. The only difference being you lost your little girl just after birth, mine just before birth.
    Angus had the nickname Thumper in utero for a reason, his kicks were fierce! I always measured a few weeks ahead with him, too.
    Thinking of you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am coming over from someone elses blog when I noticed your blog post title in their blog reading list. It was almost identical to mine from today! I am only 3 weeks behind you and I also lost a daughter last year. I pray and hope both of our pregnancies end up with beautiful little boys that we can take home with us!

    Lots of Love xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am coming over from someone elses blog when I noticed your blog post title in their blog reading list. It was almost identical to mine from today! I am only 3 weeks behind you and I also lost a daughter last year. I pray and hope both of our pregnancies end up with beautiful little boys that we can take home with us!

    Lots of Love xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for that at the LeFave house. <3

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved