Sunday, July 24, 2011

Are these Braxton Hicks or is Bennett doing push-ups?

Friday night I woke up at 3:30 am.  I rolled out of bed, went to the bathroom, laid back down, settled in, and then BAM - my belly tightened in a very uncomfortable way.  I didn't have Braxton Hicks with Charlotte, or at least not that I remember.  I always wondered what it would feel like and while it's not painful, I wouldn't call it pleasant.

Bennett complicated matters by pushing UP every time my stomach tightened. My stomach would tighten, UP would come his little bottom, which I would push DOWN on because my skin felt so stretched and tight I was afraid he might bust on out.  This happened three or four times until I wised up and rolled to my left side. My confused and sleepy state adds another layer of hazy weird to an already strange event, but I think it was either Braxton Hicks or Bennett decided to do push-ups (with poor form, bum in the air like his mama does) at 3 am.

What do you think?  Am I having Braxton Hicks?  Should Braxton Hicks feel like the baby is trying to exit through my belly button?  Perhaps it was just extreme stretching from Bennett?  I made it all of yesterday without any more and slept quite well last night, only waking up twice to go to the bathroom!

This pregnancy is so different - of course, they all are - but it shocks me how much.  My stomach is sore from this little man moving around so much and he's starting to push and stretch more although there are still plenty of hard thumps as well.

I worry constantly about if he's moving enough, but then I feel something truly odd and wonder if that's normal.  And I'm so paranoid that I won't know when labor has started since it was such slow going initially with Charlotte's labor (praying for ruptured membranes like I had with Charlotte) that I over analyze every thump and bump.

And of course this morning Bennett is super quiet and calm.  In fact, I think he's still sleeping.  He likes to make me worry.  Maybe I can convince J to run out and buy me a doughnut, that should wake the little guy up.

10 comments:

  1. I'm no doctor, but it sounds very much like my Braxton Hicks felt with my oldest. Stomach getting very tight and hard, uncomfortable, yet not painful. My son moved around during them as well.
    Praying for calmness for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have posted this (if I still blogged, I am thinking about going back to it). Last night I was laying in bed feeling the same exact things. Is it BH or her pushing out. I too think this pregnancy is so different. I do not remember movement actually hurting with my Charlotte, and I never had BH with her. Thinking about you everyday.

    PS. I still read every one of your posts. Maybe I will pick up blogging again, who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does sound like BH contractions. I had less than zero with my first and my second son I had like 9000. It's crazy how different each baby can make a Momma's body be! My doctor did tell me one time that emptying your bladder can bring on contractions (just as having a too full bladder can too....). She actually caught me having one during an ultrasound because I had just used the restroom! If it keeps bothering you, drink a large glass of water and roll to your left side. Hydration and change in position (and if they are really bad a teensy glass of wine :) usually always get my bad ones to go away!

    Lots of Love xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it to me, too. Mine feel like menstrual cramps that kind of radiate down my thighs. As long as they go away when you change positions I think you're fine (at least according to my OB).
    You're doing great. Almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone else that they do sound like BH. With Reid (who was my second) my BH were so bad for a while that I went to see my doctor. I was told that BH usually get "worse" with each pregnancy so I am a little worried about how strong they will be with number 3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a lot of bh and to me they felt like pressure. My stomach would tighten up with pressure and it would last about 20 seconds or so and then my stomach would relax (not really stomach but uterus)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like braxton to me...

    With Evan I had them around the 20-24week mark. It felt like my stomach just froze up in a cramp for about 20 seconds. It'd relax and freeze up again a couple minutes later. This went on for about an hour and scared me shitless. When Evan was being born, I knew they were NOT braxton.

    Braxton makes you go "what was that?" Contractions makes you go "what the hell? OWWWW!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, sounds like it. I've had them all three times, from around 20w onwards. I too have to push this one down when I get one, as it feel as if he/she is trying to bust out on the left side of my rib cage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like braxton to me...

    With Evan I had them around the 20-24week mark. It felt like my stomach just froze up in a cramp for about 20 seconds. It'd relax and freeze up again a couple minutes later. This went on for about an hour and scared me shitless. When Evan was being born, I knew they were NOT braxton.

    Braxton makes you go "what was that?" Contractions makes you go "what the hell? OWWWW!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bye Bra Brust-Anheber sind jedoch nicht einfach ein Stück Klebeband, sondern bestehen im Gegensatz zu jeglichen anderen Bruststraffungs- Produkten aus einer transparenten, wasserfesten und natürlich hypoallergen Klebstoff-Lösung . push up bh , trägerloser bh, rückenfreie bh, klebe bhseller in Germany .

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved