Monday, July 11, 2011

Zeitgeist

Okay, I'm not positive this post applies to the word I used as my title, but I love that word and it fits-ish so I am going for it.

I finally bought a pair of Toms.  I've wanted a pair for quite some time, a year at least if not longer, but then they became so popular I decided not to.  But then it began to warm up and I realized sandals are not my friend this year.  I see pregnant women walking around in flip-flops and wonder how in the world they manage.  It looks so easy and comfortable, you can slide them on and off without bending over the belly, but two minutes with flip-flops on my feet and I'm limping like I've walked twelve miles.

Enter the Toms.  I've had the shoes since Friday and I love them.  A lot.  I even wear them around the house as my feet ache if I stand longer than a few minutes without shoes. And the canvas is breathable which is nice in the warmer weather.  I understand why so many people own them now.  Plus, the company has that whole one for one campaign where they provide a pair of shoes to a needy child for every pair bought.  (Although I can't help but wonder if needy children would be better off with mosquito nets, hens, or sheep as opposed to shoes.)

Here's a shot of my new Toms which I am wearing with yoga pants.  It doesn't get more comfortable than that.


They're not the most attractive shoe, but J promised he wouldn't make fun of me for wearing them.  I didn't make fun of him for trying them on.  He does this with all of my athletic shoes, and now flats too apparently.  He was fascinated by them when they arrived.  I was in the other room doing something and he was asking how they fit, were they comfortable.  I said, "Try them on if you're so curious."  He said, "I already did, they're not wide enough for my feet."  Five years into this marriage I should know that if shoes come through the door that interest him he will try them on, even if they are mine.

* I've been going random with this here blog lately, just posting whatever comes to my mind.  I've been hesitant to move away from Charlotte, to post about other things, but I've really been enjoying writing about the random things as well as the grief as well as the rainbow babe.  I hope you are enjoying it too.  Feedback welcome even if it is negative (i.e: stop writing about your shoes and dog, it's so inane and boring!) *

8 comments:

  1. Always wanted a pair too= those are cute.

    Im not preg, but I do think I need to retire my flipflops for my walk to work.. Perhaps this is my solution. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading everything that you write. It is a natural progression and the blog is about your life.

    Those choose look comfortable. Hopefully I will need something like them in a few months.

    I love that J tries on all your shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for expanding your blogging! Mine too started out as a griefy-type blog and evolved to much more. It's all therpudic no matter what the words you're typing say!

    lots of love xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shoes too :) I wanted a pair but was concerned about their aesthetic, but really, can anything be uglier than crocs?

    p.s. write what you want, it's your blog, and your life.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Random is good. The Toms are actually cute, and I bet they don't make that slapping noise that flip-flops make when you walk, either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy your blog not matter what you write!!! Love the shoes... You made me laugh when you said your husband tried them on... I could picture a big foot going into the little shoe, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the random posts! I enjoy all your writing. I'm waiting for your book to come out! :) By the way, I finished reading The Art of Racing in the Rain. Oh. My. Goodness. So good and yet again I was crying at work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shoes too :) I wanted a pair but was concerned about their aesthetic, but really, can anything be uglier than crocs?

    p.s. write what you want, it's your blog, and your life.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved