Bennett has been sleeping so well at night! Last night Grandma was here, which means I am feeling fabulous this morning. We have a pack and play with a bassinet next to where Grandma sleeps when she stays over and last night I nursed, handed him over, Grandma held for about thirty minutes, and then into the bassinet Bennett went until he woke up to nurse again. I admit, I missed having him in our room, but I slept so well and feel rested and ready for another week (Grandma comes every Thursday).
Bennett is three weeks today and in the three short weeks he has been here I have learned ...
* There is no shame in going to bed at 8:30 - or 7 - with Bennett.
* Laundry must be done every day. No excuses.
* Other housework can wait.
* But the laundry really, really must be done. We have come too close to nakedness in this house for my comfort considering the weather and Bennett's love of peeing everywhere but his diaper.
* Just when I think it's safe, usually at the end of the change, Bennett will pee, often more than once.
* To thank the Lord for each day we have with Bennett.
* To hope for thousands more.
* Bennett LOVES music.
* That food is on my mind constantly, but I often forget to sit down and eat.
* Breastfeeding is amazing.
* To appreciate friends and family for providing love and support as we adjust to new baby life.
* Newborns are noisy. Goat noises, snores, sleep laughing, grunts - it's very surprising, but it's all normal.
* It is amazing how much gas a 7 lb body can produce.
* That a week can pass without me realizing it's happening.
* To love two babies.
* A relaxed mama makes for a relaxed baby.
* A lot of progress and growth happens in three weeks. A LOT.