Thursday, December 8, 2011

Our Babies Are Always With Us


One of the midwives present at Charlotte's birth sent me this article: Babies' Cells Linger, May Protect Mothers.


Make sure you have tissues in hand before you follow the link.

Things have been difficult here the past few days.  All three of us are sick AGAIN, I've been working through a lot of grief and holiday sadness.  I read this article late last night, curled up in bed with a fussy baby who wanted to sleep, but couldn't breathe, and as I read it I felt surrounded by magic, mystery, Charlotte.

I hope knowing we carry our babies with us, even if we lost early on, eases the pain a bit for you too.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Angela. I didn't listen about the tissues! i should've.

    The idea of J's cells lingering is amazing enough, even without the thought of my snowflake still being with me. thank you so much for sharing this. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this and hope that it's true. I've posted on FB and support message boards. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm...5 lovely babies looking after their mommy. A lovely thought. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing. I can't tell you how happy this makes. To think that I still have a physical part of my babies with me and probably will for the rest of my life Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone sent me this not long after Hope died, and it did warm my heart.
    I mean I knew she'd always be with me, but this really drives the fact home.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved