Thursday, February 23, 2012

2.23.12


Blogging while B sleeps next to me, haven't done this in a while!  Usually I'm out, out, out until he wakes.  I brought him in bed with me night before last because he scratched his sweet forehead to pieces and I wanted to prevent him from doing more damage.



He slept well, probably because we kicked J onto the futon he slept on in college which he refuses to get rid of.  If I could drag that thing down the stairs and to the curb I would.  That one good night netted me lots of sleep, and B did well last night too.

Found out B was exposed to pertussis, no maybe about it anymore.  I'm so glad I went to the doctor as soon as I suspected he was sick.  Even though he is vaccinated he hasn't had the full course and pertussis is not something to mess around with.

B is two months away from six months old.  Six months seems so big, too big, half a year already.  He has mastered shrieking, goodness has he.  He shrieks for every emotion: happy, sad, mad, frustrated.  Our ears are hurting, but we always laugh when he does it.  Pterodactyl baby!

We bought a seat that attaches to one of our dining room chairs so he can hang with us at dinner, gnaw on baby spoons and carrots.  I'm glad we chose this instead of a high chair, hopefully it works out for us.  I like that I can set it on the floor too.  He loves smacking the tray with his hands and toys.  I don't think I will be starting solids in two weeks.  It's more work for me and he's happy with mama milk.


B is doing well with sitting.  He still needs someone next to him, but he can now recenter himself some of the time when he starts to fall.  I put pillows around him too.  After his dive off the couch, and J's estimation that it knocked 10 IQ points off, I want to protect his sweet head.


I've spent this post trying to remember what I wanted to ask you wise people. Just as I was going to give up and hit publish (I can't remember anything lately) it came to me: blackout curtains - Use them?  Which ones?  Is the backing toxic?  If yes, is there a brand that has a non-toxic backing?  We need to put a set up in B's room, but I haven't felt comfortable with the notion of super toxic curtains in his room.

B is snoring, his head pressed against my side.  Love that he's sleeping, it's good for his little brain, but I can't wait for him to wake up so we can play.

6 comments:

  1. Oohh, I would like to know that about the curtains too. Kaia needs some for her room, especially with summer coming and the early morning light. I never thought about the toxic factor, so I'm glad you brought it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have blockout curtains in our room and they are just fine. I'm looking to get more for our living and dining room as the aussie sun is just too stinkin bright for regular curtains to keep out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add me to the list of those looking for good, nontoxic blackout curtains. The reviews of so many of them online say that they give off a terrible smell and cause headaches. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard that about blackout drapes and I KNOW I will need something like that for Logan's room! Would love to hear what others have to say about it! I love your pictures B is a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found the best black out shades of all time -- Redi Shades. I put them up in my daughter's room when she was 6 months old, and then in our bedroom as well I loved them so much! (sid enote: she started sleeping better than ever before once they were installed!) They are actually made out of black pleated paper, making them super cost effective and also making it super easy to cut to any length/width you need. They have a sticky tab at the top and you just stick them on the window frame. It's easy as pie!!! I put them right against the windows, then our blinds hang over them so you don't even see them. (our blinds sucks and let in tons of light!) I can also pull them up with clips and let in natural light during the day. Here they are, can't say enough good things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, forgot to include link. :)
    http://www.amazon.com/Redi-Shade-1617201-Pleated--72-Inch/dp/B000SDROMG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330142655&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved