Saturday, February 4, 2012

2.4.12


Talked J's ear off on the way home from a family event this evening.  I've been praying for guidance for this space, for my writing, for my future.  I've been turning a few questions over in my mind:

Do I finish the book I've been working on?  Can I?

If I do, what then?

Do I seek a place to write that will give me money in the bank?

I want to feel content (writing wise) but I don't, so maybe there is something grand on the horizon?

Will what I want come to me, or will I have to find it?

I explained to J that her death gave me back a love of writing.  I don't want to waste that.

I see others who succeed in this world of blogs and my jealous heart wonders why I've been left out in the cold.

Though I really haven't.

I feel lucky to have a blog that people read.  I feel blessed to have so many comment.  Perhaps this is enough, these wonderful connections I make with people all over this planet.  Perhaps a feeling of contentment is on the horizon.

I hope I don't sound ungrateful, or whiny.  Just doing a lot of thinking.

**

If you are reading this and would like to pay me to write, please do.

Wouldn't it be nice if an opportunity fell out of the sky like that?

3 comments:

  1. With the amount that I check to see you if you have posted something new, I should totally give you a portion of our 'entertainment budget.'

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to chase the money a bit, join networks, put in time making contacts on twitter. And then it means much compromise. I try to get it right, but it takes work. I think the uk is a smaller pool too, so many big bloggers in the us. But will chat to you about it if you want?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know much about blogging for money, but I would buy your book if you finish it! What about a book of poems, or a children's book? I could totally see you doing that!

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved