Tuesday, February 14, 2012

love


J broke the no gifts rule.  He does it every year.  I never buy him anything.  It works.  Strange as it seems, this is our balance.  Someone at his work has a second full time job (!) at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, so he asked her to put together some chocolates for me.



There's a lot of how we met stories floating around the blogosphere today.  I thought about writing ours up, but I don't really feel up to it today - a bit of heart ache is slowing me down - so thought I would give you the short version.

- We met at university.
- He was friends with my roommates, but didn't actually attend the university anymore (dropout!)
- Love at first sight for both of us.
- First thing I said to him: "Hello, would you like some cheese?"
- But then: nope, guess I was wrong, not interested.
- Interrupted my studies - he picked up my pencil, threw it in the other room and said, "Ooops, dropped your pencil."
- Would not leave me alone.
- Banned from apartment.
- Called unexpectedly.
- Showed up at my door for a movie.
- Three weeks later we star gazed in a park near the university and talked about marriage.
- June 10, 2006 we married after finishing our respective degrees - though he still had his externship to complete.



Like I said, that's the very, very edited version.  J had a bit of flair then, still does now, but it's changed.  I'll never forget our first kiss, and not just because it took place outside a dorm at my Quaker university (shocking!).  He dropped me off outside my dorm, turned around to leave, stopped his car, jumped over a set of low bushes, grabbed me while I was swiping my security card, kissed me, and kept running.  Lovely, yes?

Time for dinner and a movie.

I hope your day was filled with love.

4 comments:

  1. So cute!!! Kiss and run. Awwwwww. Have a lovely dinner and movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love that first kiss, that's a great story. Way to go, Jon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww so sweet. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys looked adorable on your wedding day.
    We actually MET on Valentines Day, 13 years ago this year.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved