Wednesday, February 1, 2012

mama


It's powerful to be that, isn't it?  This flu - I think it's over! I think I'm on the mend! - has made me realize how important my job is.  Yesterday B reached for me as my mother-in-law was walking past me.  He's never done that before, it nearly broke my heart.  When I was really sick B was brought to me to nurse, but he wanted to socialize even though he was hungry.  He would pull off, look up, smile and chat.  He missed me, even when I was here, because I was unable to care for him as I normally do.

J was the primary on Sunday, it was a good - if stressful - trial for him.  Sunday morning he stood by the side of the bed with B in arms.  "So I'm just supposed to play with him, or something, and then at 9 he naps?"  Yep.  By the evening J was done, B would not settle, so I picked the baby up and he instantly calmed. Mama, he wanted mama.

I'm blessed to be his everything for this short time.

5 comments:

  1. <3 I look very forward to these days <3 Thank you for sharing your babies with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're feeling better. And that Bennett's got his mama back ;) It's awesome to be their everything isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true and so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite things about being a mama. Those are some of my most heartwarming moments. These babies really are amazing, aren't they? The ability to make us feel like the universe and the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An exhausting but wonderful feeing, isn't it?
    xo

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved