Thursday, March 1, 2012

homemaker of the month!


We're really, really trying to stick to a budget.  We're terrible at it, but each month brings new opportunities.  I received a huge dose of motivation from a friend when I saw that she plans meals for a month.  Yesterday I made up a meal plan, which strengthened my resolve to expand my meal database, and wrote out a shopping list.

My mom came over this morning and we went out to buy all the non-perishable items.  Oh my good gravy I'm glad I didn't attempt this on my own. I went to FOUR stores, bought heaps of food (less than I imagined actually), and cleaned my cupboards and freezer.  Every week I'll have to do a small grocery run for perishables and essentials, but I won't have to do another big shop for a month.  That's exciting.

I'm all prepared to be homemaker of the month.  One day in I've earned my title.  I'll let you know how the rest of the month goes.

** J if you are reading this, stop.  Stop right now. **

Things are progressing for J's birthday surprise.  Now I just need to figure out what to wear.  Sigh, moan, complain, whine, etc.  I've been considering skinny jeans, but me in skinny jeans ... ?  Just not a comfortable thing.  I want to buy a dress, also unusual for me, so maybe I'll just do that.  Oh, me and fashion, just doesn't click.

I feel like I'm rocking the mama/wife thing, which means things are going to fall apart real soon.  That's just life, right?

And in the midst of all this - the mom/wife amazingness - there's a touch of sadness that grows as each day passes.  Just over two months to her birthday. Two years old, the idea of it sends waves of disbelief through me every time it crosses my mind.  Two years may be harder, I think, simply because the concept of me having a two year old is unfathomable.

Onwards.  All I can do is put one foot in front of the other, make it through March, then April, then May.  Then I'll have a year before I have to gather strength and breath for her third birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Jess HeartforchristMarch 1, 2012 at 6:44 PM

    Certainly interested in how that month of food planning will go! I can't imagine at this point having room to put all that - yikes! As for fashion - I feel ya there! I am not a skinny jeans person OR a dress person or heels or.... well the list goes on LOL - makes life annoying at times especially when I have to dress up LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two was hard. Because less people remembered, yet we were hurting just as much. And it meant a whole other year without her. I feel for you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are leggings "in" in America? They have been in UK for a few years now and are fab for wearing with tunic type tops and boots as a middle ground/ alternative to dresses. Or long dressy tops and high heels. You can get jean types here too "jeggings" which suit me better than skinny jeans x

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved