Wednesday, June 6, 2012
This is going to be a jumbled post. I watched my sister's kids yesterday and I don't think I'm fully recovered, though B slept well for the first time in weeks last night.
As promised, six things
1. Yesterday afternoon I was coloring with my nephew while Bennett played on the floor and my niece napped. I drew a picture of a rainbow while he colored and we talked about his day at school. He leaned over, smiled, "It's a rainbow! That's Charlotte saying 'hi.'
2. My nephew is so wise I forget he's five sometimes. I almost asked him how his health was yesterday as we were chatting. Funny thing is, he probably would've answered with seriousness and composure. Sometimes I can't believe the kid I hung out with yesterday is the same kid we thought may not make it to his fifth birthday.
3. Our anniversary is Sunday and I have no idea what to buy for J.
4. I was feeling super lazy so I tossed Bennett's apple slices in the microwave for a few seconds instead of steaming them on the stove. They caught on fire. He's eating them right now - they looked okay ...
5. Instead of going to sleep at a decent hour last night I stayed up so I could catch up on The Bachelorette. Watching it is one of my shameful habits, I just can't quit. Anyone else watch it? That two on one date was supremely awkward.
6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower trailer!!!!
"We accept the love we think we deserve."
I discovered this book sometime in my high school years. I read it over and over and over. It's one of those books that captures the heart and changes a life. Or at least it does when you're 16.