Thursday, July 19, 2012

boot money


J has been asking what I want for my birthday.  In 16 days I'll be 29 and I haven't been able to come up with a thing I want.


Until this morning when I thought of boots.


Guys, I have wanted boots for forever.  Every girl has a pair of boots in her closet right?  It's an essential item and I've never found a pair I love enough to buy.  And I've never felt ready for boots, but with all my dress wearing this summer I think I'm ready.  Boots seem so simple but I am a really, really boring dresser.  Let me put it in context for you: I have ONE pair of heels, okay, and they're black.


I've been talking about buying boots for years.  When J receives my "I want boot money for my birthday email" he is going to smack his head repeatedly on the long desk in his office.


So why am I bothering to write all this out?


Because I need help.  I want to buy the perfect pair of boots that will last a long time and go with everything I own.  Including the pair of skinny jeans I am SO buying this fall.  And I am blessed with a little boy who won't let me shop for five hours straight as I hunt down the perfect boots.


I'm thinking brown, not black.  Tall, definitely tall.  None of this ankle business.


I kinda like these:




What say you?


Side thought: I hope I'm not giving you guys whiplash with this blog.  One day I'm writing about Bennett, the next Charlotte, the next both of them, followed by a recipe, followed by a house project followed by complete fluffiness (see: what I wrote today).

9 comments:

  1. I love the boots, but don't forget to also look for something that are comfortable on your feet! It's hard to tell that from a picture.

    My boots are black leather, tall (cover the knee), and sleek. They go with jeans or slacks and keep my legs warm under a dress in winter. You're right; every woman needs a pair of boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I have been on the search for the perfect pair of boots too. I love the slouch look on boots. (like these-http://www.beeswithhoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/brownboots.jpg) Im so short I need some kind of heel. I could shop all day for boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them! I guarantee I am a far more boring dresser then you LOL - certainly try whichever ones you on though - for me anyways comfort is key!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love them! I guarantee I am a far more boring dresser then you LOL - certainly try whichever ones you on though - for me anyways comfort is key!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have a slight boot addiction. I believe boots are the perfect accessory (though I do live in Canada. It snows here a lot.) I love a brown knee boot as your introduction to boots, versatile and easy to wear. I would recommend (if you do not protest for personal reasons) getting a leather boot. The more you wear them the better they look. They last a long time and are fairly indestructible.

    Hope that helps! Looking forward to seeing the pair you get! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a Born shoe fan. I've owned at least 10 pairs of their shoes and they're so comfortable.

    I own these and definitely thought long and hard and saved and saved for them because I wanted to make the investment matter. I bought them last year because after losing Andrew, I needed to find something to make me happy and retail therapy with a tiny bit helpful.

    http://www.bornshoes.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=7935

    I'm like you, though. Must be tall & comfy. I also required they be brown, somewhat casual looking while still classy enough to wear to dinner, have a broken-in feel, little to no heel at all because I'd fall over (and also, that negates the comfortable requirement).

    Good luck. Looking forward to seeing your choice. Also, they were my 29th b-day present. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the whiplash experience of your blog, love it!

    Great boots. We lived in a hot climate for a long time where anything more than sandals was too much. Now we live in a cooler place I have indulged in a few pairs of lovely leather boots. You might like groundhog brand (I have bottle green ones) or Dr Martens I have a red pair and a brown pair. It would seem I am a little boot greedy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the whiplash!
    And I love these boots!
    I finally got a pair for myself just like this, this year. I have worn them nearly every day this winter. Under skirts, over jeans - all the time. Love them. Get them I say!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer Frye brand boots. They're classic, timeless, not as restrictive as cowboy boots but classic and durable. Well worth the price

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved