Saturday, July 21, 2012

online support group


I'm done in.  B is congested out the wazoo.  I don't know if it's because he's teething or if we've been served a double whammy of evil via teething and a summer cold.  Last night J and I alternated sleeping sitting up with him in arms.  He choked and coughed if we set him down.  It was awful.  And tonight is looking like more of the same.


This afternoon J's family and I spoke to his sister via Skype.  She and her husband, along with their two little ones, are serving as missionaries in Papua New Guinea.  How crazy is this life that we can talk to someone, and see their face while doing so, who is something like 4,000 miles away?


It got me to thinking about an online support group.  Wouldn't it be great to chat with a few people - and see who they are - about grief and loss every month?  Now to do this would require a bit - to video conference with more than one person costs a bit whereas the basic Skype package is free, but it's only a few dollars a month.  And only one person has to own the premium package - i.e. me.


Before I go much further with this idea, what do you think?  Would you be interested?  Or is this one of those sleep deprived ideas that sounds good only because I've slept far too little in the past two weeks?

7 comments:

  1. Hope B feels better SOON!

    I think this would be a FANTASTIC idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely idea!! Hope B feels better soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always down for skype chats! I'm Chickadee82.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying your little guy feels better soon! And that you get some sleep :)

    This is an AWESOME idea! I'd totally love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope B is feeling better after the trip to the doctor.

    I'd love an online support group. I miss my in person one but C.S. needs me at the time they meet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done Skype but it sounds like a great idea! I work at night and so I'm not able to make it to any support groups in my area (they are all in the afternoons during the week).

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved