Sunday, July 29, 2012

vacation!


I'm back!  We had a great time camping with friends in Florence, Oregon (Jeanette, I thought of your Florence Violet so much this weekend) but it's nice to be home.

Prepare yourself: I took TONS of pictures.


B and his cousins helping us pack.

How B smiles now. We don't know where he learned it.

Helping J put the tent up.






Florence is part of the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area which stretches close to fifty miles.  You have to see these dunes to understand just how amazing they are.  We climbed to the top of one of the dunes, played in the sand and even went on a dune buggy ride.




Crawling on sand is so hard.



My friend and I had quite the time on our dune buggy ride. We sent the guys off to do something a bit more wild while we hopped on the scenic ride with our kids. We thought it would be slow. It was not. I cannot believe they let me take my ten month old. I strapped him in with me and held on for dear life. B loved it. He laughed and put his hands in the air like he was on a roller coaster.




Fresh water around a tree island in the middle of the dunes.

Napping.

Yummy roasted apples which we rolled in cinnamon and sugar.

Early morning walk to the lake because someone woke up at 6am.

Playing.









Bath time.


Stopped for a short hike on the way home.






It was so good to get away.  I really needed it.  One of my favorite moments was holding B and watching the fire until he drifted off to sleep last night. He NEVER holds still when we're out doing something exciting. We wore him out and nearly two hours past his bedtime he settled in for mama cuddles and sleep.


5 comments:

  1. I just loved these pics! Feels like a long time ago that we went camping (six months!) but also yay that means in just six months, we'll be off camping again! I think I can hold out that long. Because time is really flying with these babies.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! I am so happy you guys had such a great time! And a little jealous about the camping part. It's way too hot out here to even attempt it.
    I also love Bennett's new smile! It is so full of personality. And seeing so many pictures of you smiling was also great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you guys had a fantastic time, B is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you guys had a fantastic time, B is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! Gives me some inspiration to get out with Allie! We're thinking about taking a little family vacation this month somewhere here in CO. This makes me realize how fun it could be! And like your other post says, how much I'm holding back, without even really realizing it.

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved