Tuesday, August 21, 2012

confessions


I rarely sort the laundry.

I wish Bennett didn't have so many allergies.

I miss peanut butter.

I hate sticking to a budget.

I wish Bennett could go to sleep without a lot of encouragement. He cannot figure out how to calm himself down enough to fall asleep. Some days he fights so hard before nap I worry he will fall out of my arms.

Every time Bennett falls asleep I check his breathing to make sure he is just sleeping.

Some nights when it's 3am and Bennett is up for the fourth time I cry with him because I'm exhausted and don't know what else to do.

I want to interview everyone who knew Charlotte, even the medical examiner, because I want to know if they remember her. I want to know she mattered.

I'm so tired I pulled halfway into traffic this morning before realizing my light was red.

I hate my mom voice, but I can't stop it.

I'm worried Bennett's first birthday party will be lame because I can't craft. At all.

I like social media way too much.

I still don't understand Twitter.

I'm the mom with the baby standing up in the grocery cart at the store. I'm sorry I forgot the Ergo. Please stop glaring at me.


I love being a stay at home mom. I'm too lazy to get up, shower and be somewhere on time every day.

5 comments:

  1. This will help. We have celebrated 43 living child birthdays in tis house. I decorated a cake for one of them and I bought the actual cake from a shop. He won't care if you don't craft. If Americans craft for 1yo birthday parties, you need to move continent ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what Merry said. I have no plans for throwing a party for Owen, by the way - I imagine I will buy a cake from a store and ask people to stop by or something. Or we'll meet at a park.

    My other confessions:
    My laundry (clean) is currently in a HUGE heap on top of the dryer. I never sort the clothes anymore.

    I totaled our car last week, I'm sure partly due to mommy exhaustion.

    I wish we could afford for me to be a SAHM. I start work in two weeks and I'm freaking out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have to be crafty his party will be great! Check out my pinterest and do searches on there - great ideas with little crafting (or none) needed! As for the other confessions - YOU ROCK mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel ya! Some days I feel like a horrible parent because I want to cry when I hear Cameron running down the hall at night. It is too much to ask to have my bed (and my husband) to myself for a few short hours a night?!?!? ;-) I try to remind myself that he won't wake up in the middle of the night and want to sleep with us forever. Eventually, it will stop and I'm sure I'll miss it.

    As far the crafty part, I cheat. I use printable party decor!! ;-) This is what we did for Cameron's birthday this year. It all turned out soooo cute! (http://www.etsy.com/listing/65145115/pirate-party-pirate-birthday-printable) I also agree with Jessica... Pinterest!!! :-)

    Here are the pictures from his party: http://stephens2000.blogspot.com/2012/04/pictures.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of this post, I'm going to steal it as soon as I find some energy. I think we should all have regular confession posts just to get things out of our heads. (I'm not Catholic so I see this as a novelty.)

    Don't worry about crafting for Bennett's birthday. As long as he is there with some form of cake to eat/smear in his hair, it will be a success.

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved