Sunday, September 30, 2012

confessions


I think it's time for another round, don't you?


I rarely finish tv shows. There's just so many seasons and the story lines are so insanely implausible (I'm looking at you Grey's Anatomy). Exceptions: Friends and Gilmore Girls.

Being a parent has led to some truly gross/lazy behavior. I wiped Bennett's nose with his shirt the other day because I didn't want to get up and find a cloth.

One afternoon I found Bennett trying to pry dried banana off the heating vent in the dining room with his teeth.

I eat too many sweets. I would eat sweets all the time (and carbs) if I didn't worry about my health.

I kind-of like working out (it allows me to eat more sweets ...)

The best part about going to the gym is ten-fifteen minutes of uninterrupted shower time. Thank you, child watch.

Sometimes I wish I didn't care about what we eat or where it comes from.

I love stationary. I have to stop myself from buying every cute card and thank you note set I come across.


If we ever move I would dearly miss watching neighborhood life out the front windows. Our living and dining room look out on the street. Some nights we have fabulous dinner entertainment.

Bennett doesn't nap nearly as much as he "should." I've stopped caring.

I can count on one hand the number of times Bennett has slept through the night. Last time he did I wound up with mastitis. 

Sometimes I wish J had to do all of the meal planning, cooking and cleaning. Then I think about working full time and change my mind. (And J does help out around the house.)

I have a hard time remembering who I was before Charlotte died.

Decorations go up for Christmas. I do not decorate for fall or spring or Easter or St. Patrick's Day. And I really don't want to, but the fact that I don't have a "fall decorations" bin makes me feel like less of a mom.

My mom, dad and parents-in-law make our lives much, much easier. We couldn't have pulled off Bennett's first birthday without them.

I really, really, really want to grow our family, but I really, really, really don't want to be pregnant again, but I really, really, really want a living biological daughter.

I cannot believe I am preparing a speech for a memorial walk AND working on starting a babyloss ministry at our church. I never would have picked this path for my life.

I want to start a 'when dads dress baby' blog.


The best part about sleeping in on the weekends is waking up to the sound of baby feet on the hardwoods.

I wish early fall lasted forever.



7 comments:

  1. loved this, and I'm guilty of alot of them (nose on shirt in particular!) Mine would be that I let Jenna play on the computer so that I can do housework uninterrupted... wayyy to often! In my defense, sesamestreet.org is fairly educational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to a lot of that! (Especially the nose on shirt! LOL) I'm thankful for Hulu and Netflix or I'd never keep up with the few TV series that I do watch. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stationary too- except I do buy it all the time.. However, I hate thank you notes. Go figure! :)

    I use my own shirt sleeve to wipe noses. ha.

    I prefer to watch tv shows that have already concluded on Netflix so I don't become too entrenched in a show only to have it cancelled before the story line can run it's course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I definitely have some things I could contribute to the "when dads dress babies" blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, my son is 3 and his Dad still dresses him like a misfit, if left to his own devices. In fact even today I sent back 2 pairs of trousers which clearly wouldn't fit, are they blind or something lol. Just as well its true love.
    Val
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post. First off - you and B are so incredibly beautiful and adorable, I love the photos. And the confessions, I found myself giggling and nodding along. I can relate to so much. Good to know that I'm not the only one with a poor napper who also won't sleep through the night. To be honest, I love our time together so much right now and he's so cheery even with the "lack" of sleep that I no longer worry about it. (At least most of the time.) But it's still nice to know I"m not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, um, pick my 4-year-old's nose for her when she's got one dangling. I don't eat it though, so stop looking at me like that. ;)

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved