Sunday, September 2, 2012

oh so quickly goes this life


Goodness life has been busy lately. We are prepping for Bennett's party on the fifteenth and it is requiring quite a bit of work. We are doing this one up big. I feel like it's a first birthday party and a thank you to everyone who helped us through Charlotte's death, Bennett's pregnancy and the first year of Bennett's life. A couple online friends are celebrating their rainbow babies first birthday on the fifteenth too. It makes me so happy to see them posting about their parties. We made it a year, friends! Yay!!

Summer is winding down. Bennett turning one is making me super emotional. I just want him to stay little forever. But I'm also so glad he is healthy and growing. I have one who will stay little forever. It sounds better than it is.

One year ago I was preparing to birth and meet my baby. This year I birthed a book. I've been hesitant to call it a book, or make much of it, but sad as the content - and the need for it is - I'm quite proud of it.

I just can't believe how much has happened since May 14th, 2010. I had no idea there would be so much richness and love in my life after she died. My heart still aches, there is still so much missing from my life, but there is sunshine and beauty too. 

This guy is my world.


Almost one. Almost a toddler. Walking, talking, opinionated and sweet. Whew. Anyone else super emotional around the first birthday?


5 comments:

  1. I'm still in serious denial that our boys are turning one. Seriously, we were just pregnant yesterday, right?

    *sniffles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did Malachi's first birthday big, too. We missed so much with our girls that we make up hot if a bit I think. I was emotional about the kids' first birthdays, too. I think that's part of being a momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't have said it better myself. We had a big first birthday party for Angus, too. For all the reasons you listed. It was huge, special - it needed a festival, not just a party! There had been so much sorrow, now it was time for joy. It was one of the happiest days of my life. Now you have this to look forward to.
    Onwards and upwards, you guys.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We too did our rainbows 1st birthday party in a big way in July for all the same reasons. The (few) people that were there were the ones who stood by us since the day we were given Noah's diagnosis.

    It's hard to believe how much life has changed since 2010. And yes, the 1st birthday for my rainbow was more emotional for me than my other kids 1st birthdays. Can't wait to hear about B's party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaia's birthday was a big deal around here too. 26 people in our house was almost too many, but it was necessary for all of them to be there. I needed that celebration that I didn't feel we really had at her actual birth due to her NICU stay. I cooked and cleaned and baked until I was exhausted but it was SO worth it. I just wish I had more pictures of the actual party. Don't forget to take lots. Put someone in charge of photos if you can.

    Happy Birthday to your little 'one'.

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved