Monday, October 1, 2012

october


My mom and I have a seven week old, an eight month old and B on our hands right now. I didn't think I would have a spare second to write, but all three babes are napping so I've managed to snag one. We're surviving, but it is a busy time. We're either diapering, changing clothes, feeding or soothing. We did manage a long walk this morning. It was nice to air everyone out. Here is Captain B steering his playground ship:


This afternoon I shared the following on facebook:

Knee deep here, but want to take a moment and remind everyone that today is the beginning of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month. This is a month to remember and honor the babies who are no longer with us. Love and strength, friends. I know this month can be a long one with tough days and emotional moments.

Sometimes it feels like our cause is overshadowed by others, but we need to keep speaking our grief and sharing our hearts. I love all of the remembrance events and pictures popping up in my feed. And I absolutely love what Carly Marie is doing with the Capture Your Grief project, though I am not participating this year.

On the 15th I'll light a candle for our babies at a service in the park near my house. If you live nearby please contact me for details so you can join us. My heart is so heavy when I think of all the mothers and fathers missing their babies right now. I hope your October is gentle and peaceful.


1 comment:

  1. I love how you said this:

    "Sometimes it feels like our cause is overshadowed by others, but we need to keep speaking our grief and sharing our hearts."

    So true, my friend.

    So many "awareness things" are this month. Basically nobody I know has heard of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month, but everyone knows about Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Not that that's a bad thing...it's just frustrating when our losses are so hidden in the dark.

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved