Sunday, December 23, 2012

merry christmas!! (and one last tradition)



Are you ready? Have you wrapped presents, baked cookies, enjoyed a nice fire? My presents are wrapped, we had a roaring fire yesterday and I've baked lots of high fat foods. I have also  managed to consume more than my share of Christmas calories. And it's not even Christmas yet! I ate SIX cinnamon rolls yesterday (and plan to eat at least two more today).

Last night I invited my parents over at the last minute so they could spend time with my in-laws. How unusual is it that my parents and in-laws like each other? I think they would be perfectly happy spending a day together without J and I around, though they like us a whole lot too. Anyway, I asked my parents over and I asked my mama to bring a picture of the lamb cake so I could share it with you.

She made me promise to share the significance behind the lamb cake as well. My parents wanted us to know the Christmas story was about more than a baby. That it was about our Lord and Savior who died on the cross for our sins so we could be saved and have eternal life. I appreciate the thought my parents put into Christmas and our traditions. And I know the lamb cake was a very special, significant part of our celebrations. When I think about it I can taste the yellow cake and thick white frosting, and remember how excited we were to eat it every year.

BUT

I still find it a little creepy.


I need to ask my mama where she found that cake mold.

Merry Christmas to you and yours from Bennett the snowman, J and me! I hope you have a blessed Christmas, and get everything on your list. And for those missing babies this Christmas, I know that bittersweet ache all too well. Remembering with you.

Angela

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Peace to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the lamb cake is kind of creepy. When you first mentioned it, I thought you meant it was made out of lamb (bah!). You could see how the confusion could arise.

    Have a Merry Christmas. I'm jealous of all your snow. We have NOTHING here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading along for awhile, and when you kept referring to a "lamb cake," I was thinking of something like mutton meatloaf. Lol. When I saw the picture, I was like "Oooooh, that's what she's talking about." Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved