Tuesday, June 2, 2015

halfway there


If all goes according to plan - which it may not! - we move in two weeks. I can't believe how quickly the time is passing, but my parents house is so busy it shouldn't be that surprising.

I've been on emotional overload for about a month now, so I'm ready to move to our new house and settle in even though I'll miss the great arrangement my mom and I have going (I cook, she cleans up, it's perfect!).

I feel so scattered, and like I can't find anything. It will be nice to move, sort through everything, pare our belongings down, and fall in love with our new house.

We have a LOT of projects to do. Most of them don't have to be done, but J can't stop himself from improving a house. He's been working on my parents' house while we're here, and they hardly have things that need done because their house was built in 2009.

On Saturday J and I celebrated our anniversary a little early with a movie bonanza. We went to Pitch Perfect 2 (terrible) and the new Avengers movie (not as bad as I was expecting), and then we ended with a nice dinner. The theater near my parents' house is really nice, with the most comfortable reclining theater chairs I've experienced. It was a wonderful break.

It was nice to have a day without the kids. Bennett had a fever for five days, then Ainsleigh did, and the past couple days Miss A has been so whiny and clingy I don't know what to do with her. She was so miserable today I finally gave her pain reliever, and she was happier than she has been in a while within a few minutes. She must have a molar coming in, it's the only explanation I can come up with! I wish I had thought to give her something earlier, but we so rarely give the kids traditional medicine I often don't have it on hand, and I often forget it's even an option.

I'm starting to feel a little bit excited about the new house. I wish it was cute and charming like our previous house, but I'm willing to give up charm for a space that works better for us. I had this idea of what we would end up with, and it's been a little difficult to come around to seeing this as the best option, but at the end of the day we will have a house that works for us, and we'll be way below our top price, which is wonderful!

We're gearing up for a few busy, hot days here. My sister has a routine surgery tomorrow, but it may not be routine for her, so we're praying it goes smoothly and without complication. My mom and I will be on kid duty, which means we'll have three extra little ones here for a couple days. This weekend is supposed to be in the 90s, which is WAY, WAY too hot for early June. I hope it isn't that hot when we move!

Way back in January we said, "Maybe this year is the year we move. Let's pray about it." and six months later our Hazel house is sold, and we're preparing to buy our second home. Believing that God is placing us where He wants us helps me be excited about our new house. Who knows why God has put us in that neighborhood! Who knows what will happen, and who we will meet, and how we will be changed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved