Thursday, October 20, 2016

a mile wide {book review}




A Mile Wide: Trading a Shallow Religion for a Deeper Faith by Brandon Hatmaker is a challenging book. I am glad there were discussion questions at the end of every chapter, but I need someone to read it with me now!

Hatmaker writes honestly and truthfully about faith and how to create a deep spiritual life at a time when the church is awash in confusion. It's easy to get lost in living a Christian life, in doing the perceived right thing, and following the crowd, but Hatmaker consistently points out what the Bible actually says about discipleship, the church, justice, missions, and living a Jesus focused life.

I've been reading a lot about community and living well with others. A Mile Wide reminded me to continue seeking out those who don't necessarily fit into my everyday life, and to continue building on the idea of creating relationships outside the church.

And in a season when I feel like my faith is rapidly developing and changing this book encouraged me to keep going; to continue learning and seeking time with those who can help me develop my faith.

Every faith based book I have read in the last six months has highlighted two Biblical truths: love God, love others. Brandon Hatmaker takes the same idea and builds a spiritually deep book around the concept so that after reading A Mile Wide one walks away with a blueprint of how to strengthen and deepen one's walk with God.



Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved