Saturday, November 5, 2016

finding your voice {book review}




In Finding Your Voice: What Every Woman Needs to Live Her God-Given Passions Out Loud Natalie Grant uses insights from her singing career as well as her Christian faith to provide a map for women on how to discover who they are and who God has called them to be.

Finding your God-given calling has been a theme in my life lately. My Bible study, the verses I've been reading, the sermons I've heard, and many of the books I've read in the last few months have been about or mentioned calling. It was interesting to read Finding Your Voice during a time when I am seeking to hear God's voice regarding my calling.

Grant talks about how to discover who we are by learning to listen, caring for ourselves, finding our "thrive zone" (i.e. what we are really good at) and learning through failure and brokenness. Grant briefly touches on when she found her calling to help women and girls who are trafficked around the world, but I wish she would have discussed it more.

In Finding Your Voice Grant uses her life experiences, some very difficult and painful, to show readers how they can find their unique voice. We all have a song within us, and Grant shows us how to discover and use it.




Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved